Thursday 3 April 2008

UK Stand UP!!

I actually rate Estelle and it's a shame that she had to emmigrate to the USA to only JUST begin to get the recognition she deserves. Her sophomore album "Shine" was released yesterday in the Uk and although I haven't listened to the songs properly, so far I prefer her debut one.

I don't know what it is but I'm not really feeling the songs off it, the ones I actually like are "Shine" and "More Than Friends". I can relate to the last one which is about two "friends" that act as if their together and some of the comments are totally true! She presents it to you in a funny way; "I think you see me as ur play thing ur Friday to Sunday thing" and "If I wanted to be part-time I'd b workin at a the checkout line", I think every girl can appreciate those lyrics 'cause I think most people have been in that situation lol.

In an interview she said that in the UK there doesn't seem to be a market for her type of music and that the only people who seem to make it big or receiving enough support in this genre are white people such as Amy Winehouse, Adele etc. Sadly enough that is the reality, I'm not discrediting them though because they most defiantly have talent but I wonder why that is. Well I might write a review on her new album if I can be assed. (I know Nyomi probz wants to scream at her computer screen when she sees me use those kind of lines lol!)

No comments: