Sunday 20 April 2008

MTV BASE welcomes 10 years of success


This channel is popular amongst the British youth, especially those interested in black culture, and has appealed to us since 1999- the first broadcast. MTV Base has been successful in presenting us with the hottest "urban" music (whatever that means.. lol) around. I never quite understand why they called it urban, but you get what I mean, music of black origin. Trevor Nelson is the main presenter on the channel, aww bless his shiny cue-ball head, and I must admit he's done a great job. Apparantly 170-180 videos are played a day, and I'm hoping most of them aren't effin Soulja Boy with his friggin crank that shite!

Anyhows, I'm wondering if MTV Base will still continue to be successful since the (USA originated) BET channel has arrived. Only time will tell!

No comments: