Wednesday 16 April 2008

Mariah Carey - E=MC2


The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here. Despite being a fan since nursery days (thanks to my parents..) I'm a little disappointed. Upon initial listening the album is alright though.

The stand-out tracks for me are "I'll Be Lovin You Long Time" it's a mid-tempo feel good track that makes you envisage sunny days and bright clouds lol. I like how MC provides her own background singing and it kind of overlaps (can't explain, listen for yourself), I'm also liking "Love Story", "O.O.C" and "4real4real" with it's catchy lyrics.
Oh and "Cruise Control" stands out to me, for the wrong reasons though.. what is up with Mimi putting on a Jamaican accent, I know she has a bit of black in her but C'MON now! LOL.

I'm not liking "I Stay In Love", halfway through it Mariah must've run out of lyrics or somethin because she fills in the gap with an uncreative "na nan na na"- I'm not no hater.. but channelling Britney right now GIMME GIMME MORE! To me it seems like a generic pop-love song. I feel mean for saying this but the song "Bye Bye" is just so boring, the idea behind it (the loss of loved ones either by death, parting ways etc) is sweet but it doesn't do much else for me.

So my overrall comment for this is the albums ok. Maybe it'll take a few more listens for me to warm up to it, but I dunno something seems bland about the album, like I said it's ok, but much more is expected from Mariah.

No comments: