Thursday 3 April 2008

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..



Since we're on the topic of beauty, I found this really interesting the other day. My aunt gave me (don't worry.. not gonna say my whole life story!) some book called "The Beauty Of Color: Iman, The Ultimate Beauty Guide For Skin Of Color". Long title and wrong spelling of "colour".. well for me, I'm British (BLACK British to be precise). Not hating or anything but notice how the cover displays people that are light skinned- obviously excluding Iman lol, but na it's still a good representation. It's really cool though and it has loads of makeup tips and stuff.

I was looking at it on two seperate occasions with different friends and it was interesting how our views of beauty differed. Basically there was one page that had pics of loads of female models and we were just talking about who we thought looked the prettiest etc and one of my friends picked this one girl and I was thinking WTF! lol. Her features were mismatch and she kind of had a Mr.Potatoe head lol. She wasn't ugly but the girl wasn't exactly the prettiest, there was like MANY to choose from. I know what I'm saying is general knowledge but people kinda forget that stuff. So I dunno if your ugly (no offense intended lol..)you may not be to someone else and I guess if your going around thinking your all that you most defiantly not!

Just playing peeps.. but you get the message. By the way check out the book it's cute.

No comments: