Saturday 5 April 2008

Open your eyes please do NOT become a sponge in this society!

Yeah yeah.. I did say that this blog is gonna be predominately about music, celebs etc but I thought I'd just add a little something that happened recently. THE TITLE WILL NOT MAKE SENSE UNTIL U READ ALL OF IT.

I was in my town just shopping with my friends and there was a display board on Psychology, and well it was really interesting.Hardly anyone was reading it so I was thinking whats wrong with you people! (I'll come to explain this later but that was probably for the best..)

The first thing that caught our eye was the "treatment" techniques that Psychiatrists use to use back in the day, one was a suspender chair in which victims were spun around at 100 mph thinking that it would help disorders that effected the nervous system. There was other stuff aswell about the treatment of black people in the late 1970's (USA). One DUMBASS Psychiatrist by the name of Lewis Termans outlined conditions that he "diagnosed" slaves with, one was "Drapetomania" which he said was when slaves wanted to run away- can I get a WTF!!!!! and "Dyasthesia Aethiopisa" which is when they were disobedient. I can NOT beleive they actually had diagnoses for this shit- this is some 1st class FOOLISHNESS! But yeah, the "treatment" for this was "whippin the devil out of them". Another fool, Harry Bailey said that he used black people for psychosurgery experiments because it was "cheaper to use n***ers than cats becausee they were everywhere and cheaper animals". I could not beleive my eyes when I read that. I don't think there are enough words in the dictionary to explain how disgusted I am.

I'm fully aware that this post is long, but I applaud you if you're still reading up to this point (gives lollipop :)). Ok so there was a video saying that Psychologists are frauds and that some of them work with drug companies and just create any old disorder. There were also casestudies of kids that had taken perscription drugs and ended up murdering, or committing suicide. Coming to the part that makes sense with the title, despite all these facts that I found this man was talking some foolishness to me. He was saying that the drugs given to people do not work and basically saying that you can't test whether someone has a disorder or whatever. I totally disagreed because what about brain scans, and he was saying they could've manipulated it. Yeah they COULD'VE but with everything else in the world u can never be too sure, so the best thing is to stop being over paranoid on things that don't require it. I was saying that with depression they've identified a chemical in the bran that can cause it, I can't remember what response he had to that but it was stupid. It's undeniable that the drugs they've given people have actually worked in reducing the symptoms, but he was saying it's all a placebo.. WTF.

Anyway I asked if they had a website so he gave me a leaflet. I looked at it when I got home and my eyes almost popped right out my head because on the back of the leaflet it said "report psychiatric abuse. It's a crime". SO that was their agenda for the display board. This is bad, because I think Psychology has actually helped people (disregarding some of the stuff in the past) and imagine a world where people with actual disorders stop using their medication because of what this man said. Now that would be a recipe for disaster, so all I'm saying is that when you're presented with facts like that always come out with your own conclusion. Don't be easily led.

No comments: