Sunday 16 November 2008

Real Talk: Rihanna



The beauty of music is that it is subjective, everyone has their own preference and opinions on different genres and musical artists, so here at NeverxMind we want to introduce you to this new feature "Real Talk" with us lot giving you further insight into what we think. Basically So here it goes.. our topic is RIHANNA!

LovexHate: Rihanna has changed so much over the years when she first appeared on the scene she was this wholesome island girl lol.

Karma: Yeah, shes transformed into an RnB Diva with alot of hit songs and dating Chris brown- people are calling them the new Bey and Jay.

LovexHate: I agree Rihanna is successful but it's a bit too much for someone who ain't got that much talent don't get me wrong I like her songs and all but her voice ain't that great.

Karma: Yeah exactly look at how many songs she's released off her "Good Girl Gone Bad" album. I think her look is a bir part of her success people focus more on her style than her vocal ability. Everyone who gets a short haircut now is compared to Rihanna.

LovexHate: Her style is on point though. I would rank her in the same category as Cassie but she's more of a performer and is lucky enough to receive good beats.

Karma: Saying that she is a better performer than Cassie isn't saying much, and having seen her in concert I can vouch for that.

LovexHate: Na, I do think Rihanna is a good artist in her own right but her abilities shouldn't be exaggerated.

Karma: I disagree there I dont think she can be called an "artist" she doesn't write her own songs and her label has created the rebel image to sell records. I think she is a robot.


LovexHate: LOL at the robot business. I do think her record label has had some say in this "new" Rihanna but then again when she first came out she was young so like other singers, it's likely that she would evolve. Or regress whatever way you see it...

Karma: I take your point but what I would like to know is who her target audience is I dont think its people who are our age that look up to her, i thinks its younger girls is she a good role model?


LovexHate: I actually think she has a wide fan base and that is the exact reason why she is so successful.

Karma: Oh yeah, backing up my point when I went to her concert there were a lot of young girls there maybe like 5,6,7,years old and the show was way too raunchy for them she was in leather bondage gear and I remember thinking is that really appropriate her image is way too sexualised and I thinks its to make up for what she lacks in singing ablility.


LovexHate: LOL i fully agree with that. Thats the music industry in general. Before I used to knock artists like Rihanna but what can I say shes doing her thing.

What do you think?, We'd be interested in your opinions.

No comments: